Utility Plant Operator I
🔍United States, Iowa, Iowa City
Thanks for your interest in the Utility Plant Operator I position. Unfortunately this position has been closed but you can search our 5,824 open jobs by clicking here.
What you bring:
- High School Degree or GED equivalent required
- Bachelors of Science or Associate of Arts Degree in Engineering preferred
- Preferred: Two (2) years industrial plant, process plant or power plant experience operating boilers, pumps, fans, conveyors and/or other similar equipment required
- Required to have a valid driver’s license
- Required to have a personal telephone
- Required to work a varied/rotating schedule including weekends, holidays and overtime
- Required to be on call as needed/deemed necessary by Supervisor/Management
- Required to provide relief and support in other job classifications including but not limited to other Operations positions, Fuel Unloading and Maintenance
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role
Essential Physical Abilities
- Must be physically capable to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communication
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing; sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks and the like as required); kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting (min. 50 lbs)
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required
- Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, shafts, small enclosed areas, pipes and the like) as required
- Must be physically capable of wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to half and full-face respirators, fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses, etc.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
In 2020 The University of Iowa (UI) entered a 50-year, trailblazing partnership with the University of Iowa Energy Collaborative (UIEC), a joint venture between ENGIE, Meridiam, and Hannon Armstrong, to operate, maintain and enhance the university’s Utility System. As the founding member of this joint venture, ENGIE designs, builds, operates, and maintains the energy infrastructure delivering safe, reliable, cost-effective and sustainable energy solutions in producing and distributing steam, electricity, chilled water and domestic water to the main campus in Iowa City, Iowa and a nearby satellite campus.
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.