Upstream, Musandam, Field Operator
Operates assigned facilities through the execution of technical production activities for assigned plant area and carry out regular inspection of the unit equipment to identify any operational anomalies, and correction of anomalies; in order to ensure optimum plant availability and to maximize plant operational efficiency, reliability and safety.
The position will act in accordance with the Group’s Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Omani’s government & other legal justification’s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure continuity of operational issues and take necessary action.
- Capture all major highlights and constraints experienced.
- Carries out regular, detailed routine inspection rounds of all rotating and static equipment used in operations to ensure accurate and proper functioning of each item independently and in synchronization with other equipment.
- Carries out operational adjustments of a variety of valves and switches controlling fluid/gas flow rates, levels, pressure, temperature, and chemicals.
- Contributes to troubleshooting process upsets and abnormalities.
- Records field data on a regular basis by reading the gauges and instruments located on plant equipment in the assigned area.
- Logs and shares findings in case of significant deviations from the standard operating conditions.
- Facilitate the shutdown and start-up for turnaround, maintenance and inspection purposes with adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Provides support during emergencies as per the SOPs and instructions from operational leader.
- Facilitates in providing a safe working environment for maintenance work in the process area by isolation, depressurization and draining of equipment.
- Ensure staff working in assigned process areas adheres to Permit to Work (PTW) conditions.
- Follow up progress and completion of maintenance work.
- Performs minor maintenance work such as greasing, coupler gasket and O – ring replacement, painting, bolt tightening, lube oil replacement or topping up etc.
- Ensures proper housekeeping and basic equipment care in the assigned areas.
- Proper communication practice during shift handover and during work with team.
- Proper action during emergency situation without panic which make situation worst.
- Good Mind-set at works with others to apply their own experience to resolve the issue.
– Must have +2 Years of relevant experience
- Fundamentals of HSE – Comprehensive knowledge of occupational health & safety. Detailed understanding of general industry standards and the requirements of the more frequently referenced standards
- Upstream Operational experience,
- Knowledge of the following applicable codes and standards for emergency response:
- NFPA, API and British Standards
- Emergency Response plans, attachments and relevant documentation.
- Call-out sequences and events.
- Risk Assessments, HAZOPS and Safety Studies
- Good knowledge of reading and interpreting P&ID and PFD, etc.
- Effective Communication Skills in English and Arabic
- Able to read, interpret and understand equipment detail drawings, plant layout and isometric drawing
- Technical ability in understanding codes, SOP’s standards and emergency response methods.
- Ability to develop and implement emergency response activation with resources available according to Emergency response plan and other policies.
- Good understanding on response disciplines, risk management and loss prevention techniques.
- Acute Observation Skills
- Effective Planning & Organization Skills
- Analytical thinking Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
More Oil & Gas Jobs