Senior / Electrical Technician (VFD)
The Senior / Electrical Technician (VFD) will be responsible for managing the maintenance and repairs of all Electrical Submersible Pumps (ESP), Horizontal Pumping Systems (HPS), Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) and other electrical control and Well Management systems in the Mukhaizna field.
The Senior / Electrical Technician (VFD) responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Inspect and repair electrical equipment as required in the Mukhaizna field.
- Perform diagnostic and troubleshooting services on Well Subsurface and Subsurface equipment where required.
- Manage spare parts inventories through the materials warehouse.
- Assist the Power Distribution Lead, mentor Electrical Technicians and work with the Planning and Scheduling group to develop maintenance programs through the Maximo Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) as well as keep records, develop safe work procedures, and be available for any task that’s required by the Maintenance Team.
- Follow and enforce safe work policies and procedures in the Mukhaizna field.
- Assist with the training of junior technicians in the workflow processes though Maximo computer management system.
- Develop VFD technician training and development guidelines to ensure skills are learned and retained
- Mentor Electricians in the classroom and On the Job.
Other Job Details
- College Diploma with a minimum 5 years of electrical experience (In the electrical area in maintaining and repair of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) equipment) OR General Diploma Certificate (Secondary School) with a minimum 7 years of electrical experience (In the electrical area in maintaining and repair of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) equipment).
- Experience in maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing and operating VFD / HPS / ESP/ PCP/ BEAM PUMP equipment is required.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Programs, work order systems, and data management programs
- Good in mechanical skills and understanding of the centrifugal pumps, affinity laws and related technology.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good PC skills.